Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Location update - found another one!

Today while I was looking for information and photos for another defunct hotel chain, I stumbled upon another Signature Inn location!

In doing my research for this, I was only ever able to find 28: 26 on their old website, a 27th because I knew about it for quite some time, and a 28th by pure dumb luck.  While in the research phase, I did find an article from May 2012 in the Indianapolis Business Journal titled "Signature Inns Founder Plans Auto Care Franchises."  In it, the writer stated that the founder, John Bontreger, opened 35 hotel locations in 7 states before he sold the chain in 1999.  I found the 7 states, but was short 7 locations.

This particular hotel is located in the Cleveland, Ohio, suburb of Middleburg Heights.  It was built in 1989 and was sold sometime before 1998 when Signature Inn's website debuted.

Now with this new discovery, that leaves 6 more locations that I have to find.

courtesy of signature-inns.com at archive.org

5 comments:

  1. Cool discovery! Good luck on your hunt for the rest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be honest, I don't know how successful I'll be. I'm kind of not sure where to go at this point.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Though you already know of all the locations mentioned on the ad you uploaded to flickr today, I think that might be a promising route to take to find other locations.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I've been working on something... ;)

      Delete
  2. Just a bit of information you were unaware about. The Terre Haute Signature Inn that you were not sure about was originally built as a Howard Johnson's.

    ReplyDelete