Friday, June 17, 2016

Has it been a year already?

After posting my Normal, Illinois, article, I realized it had been about a year since The History of Signature Inn began.  Looking at my first blog post, I see I am celebrating the site's one-year anniversary 8 days late.  Better late than never!

In the last year, I have covered 20 of the chain's 35 hotels through the blog, with the other 15 in various stages of the writing process and waiting their turn to see the light of day.  While I had done most of my research and photography just prior to this thing getting off the ground, there were still a handful whose photos I had taken afterward.  Plus, as we all remember, I recently found even more stuff I didn't know I didn't know.

As has been my dream since I started this project, I have been able to spend three nights at two different former Signature Inns and am still looking/hoping for opportunities to stay at others.  It's been a fun year as far as this blog goes and even though my update schedule will take me through about the next seven months, I hope to stretch it out a little bit through additional updates of information I've already presented.

I leave you all with this article from April 1983, courtesy of The Indianapolis Star via newspapers.com.  I love the wording..."Dynamic New Motel"...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the first year (and eight days :P )! Can't wait to see what else you've got in store!

    ReplyDelete