Monday, June 6, 2016

Signature Inn Cincinnati North

aerial imagery courtesy of Bing maps
map graphic courtesy of signature-inns.com at archive.org

One of seven locations built in 1987, the Cincinnati North location opened for business on September 2, 1987.  This hotel is located in the northern suburb of Sharonville and contains 130 rooms.
advertisement for the hotel's 9/2/1987 opening
advertisement for the hotel's 10/14/1987 grand opening celebration
My only stay at a Signature Inn was at this hotel back in 1991 on a trip with my family.  As a child of 10, I enjoyed the semi-frequent road trips we would go on and particularly enjoyed staying in different hotels.  This hotel in particular was one of my favorites to stay in and left quite an impression on me.  I snagged a hotel directory (long since thrown away :( ) and filled out one of the comment cards, to which I received a response in the mail (also gone).  The hotel made such an impression on me that I never forgot about it and here I am now 25 years later writing about it.

One of the things I liked most about the hotel was the lobby, which I unfortunately do not have photos of.  I'm still trying to find an opportunity to stay at a former Signature Inn and snap some photos.

This particular hotel, up until mid-2015, still retained the classic Signature Inn look on the outside.  During the summer, a remodeling project had taken place and along with it, the wall-mounted cladding was painted a darker color.  I have to say that it does dress it up somewhat.

The canopy still has its skylights, but no lights.  In my photos, it's hard to tell if there ever were lights.

While this hotel was still part of the chain after its sale to Jameson Inns, it did not make the changeover to the Jameson name.  The hotel was sold in early 2004 and from what I can tell has been a LivINN since then.


sources for this post include the Hamilton County, Ohio, auditor's website, signature-inns.com archived at archive.org, jamesoninns.com archived at archive.org, and imagery found through Bing Maps.  Newspaper ads courtesy of The Cincinnati Enquirer archived at newspapers.com

Photographs not accredited in their captions were taken by me.  These and additional photos can be found here: Formerly Signature Inn by Ryan on Flickr

1 comment:

  1. I can see why it would make an impression on you! Too bad that directory and their response to you have since disappeared, but neat nonetheless that you once had them, and cool that you were able to find those newspaper ads as well. (I do have to say, though, that the way they break all their sentences into fragments is annoying :P )

    ReplyDelete